Press Release – Council’s community hubs to offer new drivers free online tests
19th April 2017
Monmouthshire residents learning to drive can now practice for the driving theory test at their local community hub or library.
Monmouthshire County Council has recently added the Theory Test Pro online learning software to its growing list of internet services available freely to library members, providing a highly realistic simulation of the UK’s driving theory test. It contains the entire official test question bank, hazard perception video clips and an online version of the Highway Code.
Theory Test Pro’s material is licensed from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) so learner drivers can be assured that the practice questions are from the people who set the official tests. Access to Theory Test Pro is free for borrowers who call in to any of Monmouthshire’s community hubs or libraries. Borrowers can also access Theory Test Pro remotely using their library card.
Henry Dillon, Marketing Director of Well Informed Limited, which developed Theory Test Pro, is thrilled to be partnering with Monmouthshire County Council. He said: “I’m very happy that members of Monmouthshire’s libraries will now have free access to Theory Test Pro. Studying is a must for the DVSA’s driving theory test and Theory Test Pro offers everything that you’d get from a CD-ROM with none of the hassle.”
Borrowers can sign up to take practice driving theory tests by visiting the Theory Test Pro website: https://monmouthshire.theorytestpro.co.uk
Residents without a library membership can obtain one easily by visiting their local community hub or library. More information is available on the council’s website: http://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/community-hubs-libraries
Monmouthshire’s Chief Executive Paul Matthews said: “Our community hubs are a source of very useful free information covering a vast range of subjects and available to all.”
Issued by Dewi Jones
This press release will feature on our website/ Bydd y datganiad i’r wasg hwn ar ein gwefan:
as well as our social media accounts/ yn ogystal â’n cyfrifon cyfryngau cymdeithasol:
Notes to Editors
Theory Test Pro is available free of charge at any Monmouthshire community hub or library and can be accessed remotely from home.
About Theory Test Pro
Theory Test Pro is an online reference service offered to public libraries in the UK. The service provides a highly realistic online simulation of the UK’s driving theory test. It contains the entire official test question bank, hazard perception video clips and an online version of the Highway Code. All this material is licensed from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, the people who set the tests. Theory Test Pro is available free of charge at subscribing public libraries.
About Well Informed Limited
Well Informed Limited is a UK-based software publisher which specialises in delivering online solutions. Its products allow public libraries to offer online access to popular resources, such as driving theory tests, thereby getting around availability problems and content going out-of-date.
- Henry Dillon, Marketing Director, email@example.com 0845 057 3832
- Tim Harding, Technical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 0845 057 3832
- Fiona Ashley, Librarian, FionaAshley@monmouthshire.gov.uk 01633 644906
Aims and Values of Monmouthshire County Council
Building Sustainable and Resilient Communities
Outcomes we are working towards
Nobody Is Left Behind
- Older people are able to live their good life
- People have access to appropriate and affordable housing
- People have good access and mobility
People Are Confident, Capable and Involved
- People’s lives are not affected by alcohol and drug misuse
- Families are supported
- People feel safe
Our County Thrives
- Business and enterprise
- People have access to practical and flexible learning
- People protect and enhance the environment
- Protection of vulnerable people
- Supporting Business and Job Creation
- Maintaining locally accessible services
- Openness: we aspire to be open and honest to develop trusting relationships.
- Fairness: we aspire to provide fair choice, opportunities and experiences and become an organisation built on mutual respect.
- Flexibility: we aspire to be flexible in our thinking and action to become an effective and efficient organization.
- Teamwork: we aspire to work together to share our successes and failures by building on our strengths and supporting one another to achieve our goals.
Communications Officer/Swyddog Cyfathrebu
Monmouthshire County Council/Cyngor Sir Fynwy
Tel/ffôn: 01 633 64(4402)
Mobile/ffôn symudol: 07919 396320